Intuem is a MIDI-based music authoring application for Mac OS X from Companion Engineering & Design Corp. (www.intuem.com).
1. Launch Intuem.
2. New project with MIDI track opens automatically at startup. Add audio track with the performance you want to transcribe using "Composition"->"New Track From Audio File" menu item. New track appears at the bottom of empty MIDI track.
3. Select created audio track by clicking on it's name and choose "Track"->"Show Controller/Effect" menu item. Effect panel will appear under wave in Audio track. By default Gain effect is selected, click on it to choose WIDI Audio To MIDI Audio Unit instead using "Other"->"WIDI"->"WIDI Audio To MIDI Audio Unit" menu:
The list of WIDI AU parameters will appear, hide it by clicking on the upward triangle to the left of "WIDI Audio To MIDI Audio Unit" words.
4. Choose "Track"->"Show Effect Panel"->"WIDI Audio To MIDI Audio Unit"->"WIDI: WIDI Audio To MIDI Audio Unit Control" to get WIDI AU interface.
5. Turn on MIDI track recording with the red button under the track name:
6. In the WIDI AU window choose the option page, turn on midi to midi out option and select IAC Driver Bus 1 as output.
7. Press "Play/Stop" button on Controls panel. If Controls panel is hidden, recall it with "Tools"->"Show Controls" menu item. Transcription process starts, and the result appears in MIDI track in real-time.
Note: midi to midi out button may automatically turn off when starting playback. Turn it on manually after playback starts.
You may also need to tune Recognition Parameters to achieve the best results.
You can also record MIDI events to a MIDI file with a built-in MIDI recorder. See routing MIDI for details.
Note: In this instruction it is supposed that Apple IAC Driver is activated on your system. If it is not true, refer to routing MIDI on how to activate it.