Ableton Live live is a popular sound processing system for Windows and MacOS (www.ableton.com).
1. Launch Ableton Live.
2. Using File Browser locate audio file you are going to recognize and drag and drop it to the Audio track (named "1 Audio" by default).
3. Via Plug-in device browser locate Audio To MIDI AU and drag and drop it to the Audio track. WIDI AU window will appear.
4. In the WIDI AU window choose the option page, turn on midi to midi out option and select IAC Driver Bus as output.
5. In the MIDI track properties open MIDI From list and choose IAC Driver Bus. Also turn on the Arm Session Recording button, as shown below. Then set MIDI To to the MIDI device you use for MIDI output in your system and turn Monitor to "In".
5. Press Global Record Button and start playback. WIDI AU will start recognizing and MIDI result will be recorded to the "1 MIDI" track.
You may also need to tune Recognition Parameters to achieve the best results.
You can also record MIDI events to a MIDI file with a built-in MIDI recorder. See routing MIDI for details.
Note: In this instruction it is supposed that Apple IAC Driver is activated on your system. If it is not true, refer to routing MIDI on how to activate it.